Late Model bodies may have openings for cylinder head, fuel tank access, glow plug, engine tuning, and exhaust outlets only. An under body support may be added to brace each rear quarter panel, but must hold it in stock position, can not be flared out. No additional wings, flaps, spoilers, wickers, vents or doohickeys will be allowed. Body may not be altered in any way from it’s stock configuration ie: shortened, lengthened, narrowed, flared fenders etc. Front and rear windows may be removed at trim lines but a flat lexan or similar material deck must be added in cockpit area. Bodies with add on roofs may leave front and rear windows in or out but roofs must be mounted in stock position. All four wheel wells must be cut out to appropriate scale dimensions.
- Rear Spoiler: maximum chord is 2.00″ from body deck including any wickerbills.
- Rear Spoiler Cap: See Drawing
- Maximum rear deck height from bottom of chassis is 4.0″
Approved bodies only. No homemade bodies.
DirtOval.com Approved Late Model Body List :
- Custom Works #9012 Eldora Late Model
- Custom Works #9014 Paducah Late Model
- Custom Works #9015 Springfield Late Model
- Custom Works #9016 Paducah 2 Late Model
- Custom Works #9070 Keystone Late Model
- Custom Works #9071 Buckeye Late Model (9.5″)
- Custom Works #9072 Mountaineer Late Model (10.0″)
- MR Kustoms #18HK030 Hurrikane Late Model (.030 Thick)
- MR Kustoms #18HK040 Hurrikane Late Model (.040 thick)
- McAllister #207 Tulsa Late Model
- McAllister #250 Vegas Late Model
- McAllister #252 Winchester Late Model
- McAllsiter #237 Bakersfield Late Model
- BMS Racing #P103 Shadow
- Factory Works #7353 Rocket Late Model
- Factory Works #7357 Concord Late Model
- C&M Bodies #2010 Volunteer Late Model
- C&M Bodies #2010-003 Nightmare Late Model
- C&M Bodies #2011-001 Volunteer 10″
- C&M Bodies #2011-002 Nightmare HD 9.5″
- Stalker Bodies #009 Sniper 9 Late Model
- Stalker Bodies #010 Sniper Late Model
- Stalker Bodies #011 Specter 9.5
- Stalker Bodies #012 Specter 10
- Stalker Bodies Specter 9.0
- Stalker Bodies Prowler 10
- Protoform #1234-21 Cyclone 9.5 Late Model
- Protoform #1235-21 Cyclone 10.0 Late Model
- Protoform #1238-30 Nor’easter Late Model
The following three motors are legal in the 17.5 Sportsman Class:
- SPEED PASSION 17.5 Motor with 0-10 degree timing–Discontinued OR
- Hobbywing XERUN Justock 3650 G2 17.5 motor (HWI30408006)–discontinued by Hobbywing OR
- Hobbywing XERUN Justock 3650 G2.1 17.5 motor (HWI30408011)
The following motor is legal in the 21.5 Sportsman Class:
XeRun Justock 3650 SD G2.1 Sensored Brushless Motor, 21.5 Turn (2050kv) (HWI30408012)
Motors must be out of the box stock, with no modifications allowed. No parts of motors may be modified, altered or removed in any way. Motors shall be no less than 10° F below the temp of a control motor.
Speed Control (ESC)
Any ROAR approved ESC in blinky mode or non-timing ESC. No boosting or timing changes allowed in the ESC.
IF YOUR MOTOR, BATTERY, OR SPEED CONTROL IS FOUND TO BE ILLEGAL BY THE RACE DIRECTOR, YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM ALL SPORTSMAN AND SPEC RACING FOR ONE YEAR. AREA TRACKS AND RACE SERIES WILL BE NOTIFIED.
No additional devices will be allowed connected to a car’s ESC other than a cooling fan during a qualifier or main.
Any ROAR-approved hardcase 2s LIPO batteries are permitted. **No longer has to be 5200 mAH.
Batteries must use a quick-release, hobby-grade connector for connection to ESC. Checked batteries shall be no more than 10° F above the temp of the control pack.
No additional batteries are allowed including those used to power receivers or cooling fans.
(determined where outside of tires touch the surface of the track)
Wheelbase 9.5″ to 11.5″
Max width 10.00″ using foam tires or 10.25″using rubber street tires.
Custom Works “Sticker” rubber tire standard compound (HB compound is not allowed) with Yellow or Orange foam insert. (Front #6426, Rear #6446)
Custom Works “Slick” rubber tire standard compound (HB compound is not allowed) with Orange foam insert. (Front #6305, Rear #6306)
Johns BSR Racing Tire – spec dirt oval foam tire with the purple band through the center.