NEW STYLE EDM BODIES
Front bumper must be mounted flat and can not be angled up to act as a wing. An additional front body panel is allowed on the front of the car but may not extend forward of the front bumper. Front and rear windows must be removed and any clear portion is included in max roof length dimension. Side windows must remain clear. No rear wheel cutouts are allowed on the horizontal plane of the inner. Right and Left rear wheel wells must be cut out to appropriate scale dimensions.
Dimensional specifications Drawing: EDM SPECIFICATIONS
- Must have 2 side panel braces as specified in drawing that must hold side panels at 90 degrees to inner panel both staticly and during racing conditions.
Roof specifications Drawing: Roof Specifications
- Must have rear roof spoiler Min 1/8″ Max 1/4″ bend DOWN between 45 and 90 degrees
- All fabricated body panels ie: Doors, Windows, Roof, and Inner Panel must be made from minimum .020″ thick lexan/polycarbonate material (.020″ measurment does not include any decal or wrap)
- All Vacuum formed body panels must be pulled from minimum .030″ thick lexan/polycarbonate material. Separate hoods and front body panels may be pulled from .020″ lexan/polycarbonate material.
- Inner panel and spoiler can not extend beyond rear of side panels
- Outer front edge of inner panel can not extend beyond the front of the door but may taper from that point forward of the door toward the hood at a point no more then 1.5″ forward of the door.
- Inner panel must be flat (on 1 plane) from spoiler base to a point within 1.5″ from front of door.
- Maximum length of complete car: 19.5″
- Both sides of body must be at 90 Degrees to the rear of body and or spoiler
- Door/side panel may have a 90 degree “BEND IN” max 3/8″ at bottom for strength
- Maximum front bumper width: 5.0″
- Front body panel max width: 4.0″
- Front body panel max chord length: 3.00″
- Max Side lip on front panel and Hood 1/4″
- Rear spoiler: max chord is 3.0″ from body deck including any wickerbills
- Left Side Panel must be inside a straight line drawn from the outside of both left side wheels/tires and outside of left side of chassis.
- Bodies must have at least 1/3 of right rear tire exposed when viewed from front, top and rear of car.
Inner panel must have SCALE APPEARING hood that extends from at least the door leading edge to at least the leading edge of the roof. The following specifications are relative to the hood in the area defined in previous sentence.
- Hood must be centered on inner panel
- Hood Width: Minimum 2.5″
- Minimum hood height for entire length is: .750″
- Clearance between top of hood and leading edge of roof is min. 1.0″ and max 2.0″
Any 17.5 ROAR legal Stock/Spec motor as of April 1 prior to the start of the season.
1. You may not grind,cut,machine any parts of the motor. Must be used as mfg. unless otherwise stated.
2. No interchanging of motor parts from one Mfg. to another.ex. Tekin parts stay in tekin motors, Novak parts stay in Novak motors.
3. Only 12.5mm and 12.3mm rotors are permitted.
4. No rewinding of stators. Baseline numbers based on new out of the package motors to compare will be available.
5.Tech is not responsible for reassembling motors after inspection. If you choose that you want to take it apart in tech that is fine but you must do it in a timely manner or have a person ready to do it.
6. Ceramic bearings and manufacturer’s vented end-bells are legal.
Any Motor from the ROAR Approved Stock/17.5 Spec category
Motors shall be no less than 10° F below the temp of a control motor.
Any ROAR-approved (by April 1) hardcase 2s LIPO with a max mah rating of 8000 is permitted. Must use quick release hobby grade connector. Checked batteries shall be no more than 10° F above the temp of the control pack.
No additional batteries are allowed including those used to power recievers or cooling fans.
ROAR Approved Sportsman ESC’s. (BLINKY MODE) Any Speed Control from the ROAR Approved Sprotsman ESC list by April 1 with an average street price of no more than $250.00: ROAR APPROVED SPORTSMAN ESC’s Speed controls in this class must be run in the mode specified on the ROAR page.
(determined where outside of tires touch the surface of the track)
Wheelbase 9.5″ to 11.5″
Max width 10.00″ using foam tires or 10.25″using rubber street tires.
Foam tires only
All foam tires must be wiped clean of any traction compound before setting the vehicle down on the track. Tires will not be allowed to leave tracks on the racing surface or pit lane. One warning will be issued before disqualification for the day.
No mini pins, ribbed or foam